Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

This was a very moving and interesting book. It was about a school shooting in which the jocks of the school were shot and killed by a kid that they had picked on his whole school life. It made me really think about how kids are treated in school and how many of them get picked on. The week that I was reading this book I was having to set up appointments for a bunch of high school kids to get their fingerprints done so that they could work for us. They were all working for the tech department. Some were very shy and quiet and then there were a couple that were really loud and rude. I kept thinking the whole time they were in the office that the quiet ones were probably just like the shooter and could snap at any moment. The loud ones were like the jocks who were killed. This was a book that you should definately read as it really makes you think about what high school is like for some kids.

No comments: